Friday 2 November 2012

The Unconditional Love


You know when I said I knew little about love?
That wasn't true. I know a lot about love.
I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it,
And it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable.
All those wars. Pain, lies, hate...
It made me wants to turn away and never look down again.
But when I see the way that mankind loves...
You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe
And never find anything more beautiful.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional.
But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected,
Uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing,
And... What I'm trying to say,
Tristan is...
I think I love you.
Is this love, Tristan?
I never imagined I'd know it for myself.
My heart...
It feels like my chest can barely contain it.
Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me anymore.
It belongs to you.
And if you wanted it,
I'd wish for nothing in exchange
No gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion.
Nothing but knowing you loved me too.
Just your heart, in exchange for mine. 

Yvaine – Stardust

When you fall in love with someone, it happened beyond your control. It’s just happened. You could not lead your heart to heart someone. Your heart leads you. By chance, fate has brought you to love. Then, can love be measured? Some believe indeed love is measurable. While, some believe in love is measureless. For me, love can be measured through the intangible expression, although not directly measured by weight, height or percentage. But, how you express love does matter.

When you love someone, do you love them with wholehearted? Or perhaps you spare some for yourself. Do you know how much love you had been given away? It not like “oh, today I want to love you 2%. Tomorrow, I will add another 5%. So, add all, 65%. Remaining 35%, I’ll keep it to myself.” Gross. But, wait.  Can you undo the given love? No. Even the one you loved comes clean that he/she haven’t fully loved you, would you pull up your love brake, or slowing down your love speed? No. You can’t. Perhaps you’ll never really learn from your past, the 3 years unrequited love experience. And another 3 years you took to mending the heartbroken might meant nothing to you. Those tears accompanied your sleep might have been long forgotten. The pain and wound you once felt, might have been heal by itself. Why you have to appear too vulnerable when you are in love? Yes. Love is uncontrollable. But why others manage to control themselves? Or perhaps they not really love anyway. Was it?  

When I’m in love, I just love. Nothing more. Nothing less. My love don’t cost anything <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment